Sunday, March 20, 2011

March-ing into Spring!

As I mention previously, I stumbled upon the inspiration to turn my "blah" master bedroom into an earthy green retreat.  This weekend for me was all about creating pieces to pull it together for me. We just had a new liquidation/closeout/return outlet open RIGHT on my way to work, so of course now I cant stay away. But again, DeStInY! I found the comforter set I have been dreaming about on sale for $35 bucks! For a king size!!! The set was missing its bedskirt, but I havent decided if I will use one anyways, and the liquidation outlet is stocked full of bedskirts for a buck! Cant beat it!

This is the comforter set, dont mind the internet picture mine is in the wash ;)

Alas, it is a walmart set.  But when you have three adorable but terrible pups who love nothing more then to sleep in bed with you, you have to make the smart choice. And regardless, I LOVE IT.  Exactly what I wanted, and I was so upset when my walmart sold out.  Not anymore!!

Then I created a new holder for my homemade decor balls (minus my hemp-wrapped ball that my naughties decided was their chew toy) by taking this 



close up incase you cant make out that price tag-it says $5, as in five dolla holla!!!!


Anywho, I taped that baby off and painted it a bright and bold green using some acrylic paint I had lying around.  Be sure when paining on glass to allow each coat to dry thoroughly before applying your next coat or it clumps up and makes more work.  Here it is about half way through.

And here is my finished piece!

The little birdie is another stolen project from TDC, you can see that here.

I also spiced up my plain white digital camera frame with some of the polished hemp I got the other day. I wanted more of the raw edge look so rather than simply wrapping it around, I did the cut and paste method.  I was a little nervous to be *gasp* hot gluing on my precious electronics, but no harm done. The ol' girl still works like a champ.



I left the inner frame white for now, but Im debating on whether I need to go back in and put more hemp on, or maybe a different material. perhaps a mat with some GREEN. hmmm, my mind never stops. 

Anyways, I have a few more projects in the works, but work calls tomorrow.  
Tuesday will be the day the master bedroom revamp takes place. I cant wait to see how it all comes together and decide whether I will be painting or not!







1 comment:

  1. I love your projects! Especially the hemp frame. So cool! Thanks for the link to your new blog.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete